Authentic Gujarati Breakfast Recipe
Dhokla is soft and spongy breakfast recipe from gujarat and is widely available as street food in gujarat. With growing popularity of the dish, it is widely available in Indian sweet shops and high end departmental stores, and is cherished across India as breakfast, main course, side dish as well as snack. Being steamed besan recipe, Dhokla is healthy and nutritious too.
Weight – 150 gms
Method of Preparation
– Add 20 ml (4 tea spoon) oil in Dhokla ready mix and then gradually add 250 ml (2 cup) water while mixing in one direction to prepare smooth batter without any lumps.
– In a cooker / deep pan, place steel ring of 2 inch high. Fill sufficient water in cooker / pan till the level of steel ring and boil on high flame.
– Pour batter into baking tray greased with oil and place on the steel ring in cooker/pan. Cover with lid without whistle and steam on high flame for 20 min to make Dhokla pan cake.
– Turn the flame off and allow cooling for 10 min and Cut into 5 cm cubes.
– To make Tadka – Crackle 1/2 tsp mustard seeds in hot 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil. Add a green chilli, curry leaves and spread over pan cake. Garnish with fresh coriander leafs and serve with green chutney.